2021 Hot Blooded
$65 per bottle
It's not often you see Counoise as the star of the show, and we believe it deserves center stage. Opens with bright aromatics of orange peel, strawberry, and ocean spray layered with undertones of exotic spice and graphite. On the palate, ripe fruit character takes the spotlight: Bing cherry, persimmon and raspberry with delicious notes reminiscent of jolly rancher and sugar plum; a beautiful finish of freshly steeped Earl Grey tea and violets. This is the red wine you'll want to drink when it's 103 degrees out... check it and see. Drink now or over the next 2-4 years. Hot Blooded best pairs with a date night at your favorite Indian restaurant, enjoying a chicken tikka masala dinner for two!
- 93 points "Hidden Gem" Wine Enthusiast
- 100% Counoise
- Glenrose Vineyard; Adelaida District
- Approx. Brix at Harvest
- Destemmed with 20% stem-inclusion and fermented in stainless steel tanks until dry.
- Processing / Aging / Barrel Program
- Aged for 10 months in neutral French oak puncheons
- Bottling Date
- Cases Produced
- 5.8 g/L